AboutSha is the Associate Dean for Research & Engagement at the Baylor University Libraries, where he also serves as the librarian for visual and theatre arts. He is the founder and curator of the Baylor Book Arts Collection, and he a practicing visual artist and musician.
EducationUniversity of Texas at Austin, MLIS
Baylor University, MM
Baylor University, BM
- Filgo, Ellen and Sha Towers. Liaison Engagement: A Practical Guide for Librarians. Rowman & Littlefield, 2021.
- Towers, Sha. “Inspiring and Supporting Creators in and Beyond the Library.” Chapter in Creators in the Academic Library. Association of College and Research Libraries, [Spring 2023].
- Festschrift for Bill: In Celebration of Book Arts (Honoring William R. Stewart, 1945-2019) Portfolio of 36 fine press broadsides, most numbered and signed, to honor the memory of William “Bill” Stewart, founder and purveyor of Vamp & Tramp Booksellers. ARTISTS: Thrams, Andie; Hazelwood, Art; Tetenbaum, Barbara; Norman, Bonnie Thompson; Gardner, Casey; Michaelis, Catherine Alice; Sligh, Clarissa T.; Lollis, Cynthia; Deeg, Daniela; Knudson, Ellen; Martin, Emily; Tipps, Emily; Hagstrom, Fred; Peterson, Jessica; Spring, Jessica; Lappie, Joseph; Chen, Julie; Baldner, Karen; Hanmer, Karen; Holland, Kyle; Faulkenberry, Lauren; Rappoport, Lisa; Harris, Lyall F.; Avadenka, Lynne; Chadwick, Macy; Blocker, Mare; Powers-Torrey, Marnie; Riker, Maryann J.; Wagner-Lawler, Melissa; Schaer, Miriam; Chamlee, Rebecca; Silverberg, Robbin Ami; Milroy, Rollin; Bryant, Sarah Herrick; Towers, Sha; Sharp, Sharon A.; Rossow, Sonja Greentree; Miller, Steve; Schupbach-Gordon, Terry; Gordon, Toby; Rueter, William. Salt Lake City, UT: Book Arts Program, Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, the University of Utah, 2020.
- Filgo, Ellen and Sha Towers. “An Analysis of Relationship-Building in Liaison Work: Defining the Importance of “Hangout Activity.” The Journal of Creative Library Practice (March 2020).
- PULP: Book & Paper Arts: International Juried Exhibition. Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, California. July 30 – September 4, 2022.
- Art of the Book 2022. National Juried Book Arts Exhibition. Rochester Public Library, Rochester, New York. 27 June – 1 November 2022.
- Puget Sound Book Artists Juried Member Show. Collins Library, University of Puget Sound. Tacoma, Washington. 6 June – 5 August 2022.
- Flourish: An Exhibition of Literary Artist’s Books. Mountain Words Literary Festival. Gunnison and Crested Butte, Colorado. 25-29 May 2022.
- Lettered & Bound: An International Juried Exhibition of Calligraphic Bookworks. Invited Juror and exhibitor. Regis University, Denver, Colorado, 1-28 February 2022 and Tallyn’s Reach Library, Aurora, Colorado, 1-31 March 2022.
- College of Southern Idaho International Invitational Book Arts Exhibit. Jean B. King Gallery, Herrett Center for Arts and Science, College of Southern Idaho, Twin Falls, Idaho. 12 October 2021 – 15 January 2022.
- Looking Out/Looking In: A Philadelphia Center for the Book juried, hybrid, members’ exhibition in collaboration with Swarthmore College Libraries. 23 October – 5 December 2021.
- UNSEEN: An International Juried Exhibition of Book Arts. 23 Sandy Gallery and form & concept, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 11 August – 20 November 2021.
- Movable Medley: A National Juried Exhibition. Art Students League of Denver, Denver, Colorado, 30 September – 7 November 2021.
- Puget Sound Book Artists 10th Redux International Exhibition. Collins Library, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington, 9 August – 1 October 2021.
- Opera Verbis. International juried art exhibition. Gates Reading Room, Denver Public Library, Central Branch. Denver, Colorado, July-December 2020.
- Artists’ Book Cornucopia X: 10th annual international juried art exhibition. Art Gym Gallery. Denver, Colorado, November 7-29, 2019.
- Artists’ Book Cornucopia IX: 9th annual international juried art exhibition (Juror and invited exhibitor). Art Students League of Denver. Denver, Colorado, August 24-Sept 28, 2018.
- Sense of Place: Here. International juried art exhibition. Galaudet Gallery, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, June 1-September 25, 2018.
- Abstracts, The Language of Abstraction. Juried art exhibition. Cultivate7twelve Gallery: Waco, TX, June 2018.
- Bibliothecarii et Glutinatores, Invitational art exhibition. Denver Public Library Central Branch, Gates Exhibition Hall, January – April 2018.
- ExPRESSions: The Art of the Book. Exhibition consultant and author for exhibition catalogue foreword. Martin Museum, Baylor University, 2017.
- Ideation Experience. International juried art exhibition. Abecedarian Gallery, Denver, Colorado, 19 June-1 August, 2015.
- Words|Matter: A Library for Artist’s Books. Invitational national art exhibition. Chicago, Illinois, 3-29 October 2015.
- Blood Quantum. International juried art exhibition. 23 Sandy Gallery, Portland, Oregon, 6 November – 19 December 2015.