Walking the Talk Executive Summary
- Nicky Agate (see profile) , Christopher P. Long (see profile) , Bonnie Russell (see profile) , Rebecca Kennison (see profile) , Penelope Weber (see profile) , Simone Sacchi (see profile) , Jason Rhody (see profile) , Bonnie Thornton Dill (see profile)
- Education, Higher, Evaluation, Research--Evaluation
- Item Type:
- Evaluation, metrics, values, Academe, Altmetrics, Assessment, Humanities metrics, Research impact, Scholarly communication
- Permanent URL:
- Executive Summary of the white paper Walking the Talk: Toward a Values-Aligned Academy. The white paper is the culmination of 18 months of research interviews across the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA). Conducted by the HuMetricsHSS Initiative as an extension of their previous work on values-enacted scholarly practice, the interviews focused on current systems of evaluation within BTAA institutions, the potential problems and inequalities of those processes, the kinds of scholarly work that could be better recognized and rewarded, and the contexts and pressures evaluators are under, including, as the process progressed, the onset and ongoing conditions of COVID-19.
- A digital version of this paper can be found on Manifold: https://pubhub.lib.msu.edu/projects/walking-the-talk. Full paper: https://hcommons.org/deposits/item/hc:44631/.
- Last Updated:
- 1 year ago
Item Name: humetricshss-executive-summary.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 297