Tam o' Shanter: A New Translation (Slide Set)
- Mark Perkins (see profile)
- Classical Philology and Linguistics, English Literature, History of Linguistics and Language Study, Linguistics
- English literature, Eighteenth century, Poetry, Poetry--Translating, Scottish literature, Burns, Robert, 1759-1796
- Item Type:
- Tam o' Shanter, Scots, Scottish Poetry, 18th-century English literature, Translation of poetry, Classics, Robert Burns
- Permanent URL:
- This slide set includes a translation into English of Tam o' Shanter by Robert Burns. The aim of the translation is to preserve the original poetic effect of the poem written in Scots. The slide set is intended for academic and educational purposes, as well as personal enjoyment.
- This slide set accompanies my book Tam o' Shanter: A Nordic Tinge, and my article Tam o' Shanter: A New Translation.
- Last Updated:
- 1 year ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: tam-o-shanter-a-new-translation-slide-set.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 80