Characterizing Christy Desmet
- Sujata Iyengar (see profile)
- CLCS Renaissance and Early Modern, LLC Shakespeare, RCWS Writing Pedagogies, TC Digital Humanities
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, Scholarly publishing, Writing, Academic writing, Friendship
- Item Type:
- Book chapter
- memoir, scholarly journal, Shakespeare, Adaptation, Precarity
- Permanent URL:
- This essay, the Afterword to the edited collection _Performing Shakespeare Appropriations_, eds. Matt Kozusko, Darlena Ciraulo, and Robert Sawyer, summarizes the ways in which the essays in the collection extend the work of the late Christy Desmet (to whose memory the volume is dedicated), historicizes the effects of generational change in the academic job market, and describes the work of ethical scholarly editing. It concludes with a call-to-action.
- Item is embargoed for 18 months after initial publication; since I'm depositing before the book has been published, I'm embargoing for 2 years. Includes one image: a bar graph.
- Last Updated:
- 2 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: iyengar-afterword-mbk-june-10-to-submit_si.docx Download Activity: Downloads: 9