Space and Orientation in Etruscan Temples
- Yalın Akçevin (see profile)
- Etruscans--Antiquities, Religions, History, Ancient, Archaeology and religion, Architecture and archaeology
- Item Type:
- Religious Architecture, Etruscan Temples, sacred spaces, Etruscan archeology, Ancient religion, Archaeology of religions, Archaeology of architectures
- Permanent URL:
- Please note that this was a presentation meant to accompany a term paper titled "Space in Etruscan Sacred Architecture and Its Implications on Use" for the undergraduate course "The Etruscans" which can be accessed here: http://dx.doi.org/10.17613/7gta-x732 I have edited the file to remove any personal information and updated the presentation to be more reflective of the contents of the paper. The original has been created in May 2017 and the edited version has been finalized on January 2021.
- The presentation fixes a mistake about columns in slide 4, which is originally found in page 4 of paper. There is an erroneous statement in the paper that the top of a Tuscan column of 7 meters would be "6 meters" as opposed "75 centimeters" in diameter (thickness). This is an oversight on my part as the author but was kept for the sake of preserving the originality of the paper when uploaded. No other changes or corrections to the contents of the paper have been made through this presentation.
- Last Updated:
- 2 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: yalin-akcevin-space-and-orientation-in-etruscan-temples.pptx Download Activity: Downloads: 25