Kali’s Child – A Search for An Autobiographical Ramakrishna
- Darshi Arachige (see profile)
- Anthropology, Philosophy
- Anthropology, Philosophy, Religions, South Asia, Hinduism, Tantrism
- Item Type:
- Book review
- Religion and Culture, anthropology of religion, Kali, Ramakrishna, Religion in South Asia
- Permanent URL:
- This is a review of the book "Kali’s Child: The Mystical and the Erotic in the Life and Teachings of Ramakrishna, Jeffrey J. Kripal, University of Chicago Press, 1995" . “Kali’s child” fell well short of a proof that Sri Ramakrishna’s mystical experiences were actually “profoundly, provocatively, scandalously erotic”. To reconstruct the autobiographical Ramakrishna from the historical Ramakrishna may well be a task logically impossible.
- The reviewer is not a follower of Ramakrishna or Hinduism. Any reference to people, philosophies or religious beliefs are purely scholastic.
- Last Updated:
- 3 years ago
Item Name: kalis-child-v3.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 400