- Anna Storti
- Alexis Lothian, Anna M. Storti
- Identity (Psychology)
- Item Type:
- Course Material or learning objects
- DPiH, DPiH Sexuality, DPih Course Material or learning objects, Practice, Open, Learning objectives, Student agency, Digital pedagogy, Identity, Collaboration, Gender
- Permanent URL:
- Curatorial note from Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities: In Anna Storti’s fall 2017 introductory course in LGBT studies, students study how sexuality and gender play an integral role in history, politics, culture, philosophy, and the everyday. The “Community Agreements” document aims to establish a class consensus in approaching course material that may be uncomfortable or challenging to engage. The document compiles a list of classroom commitments constructed collaboratively between Storti and her students. It is a living document subject to change. The agreements provide students the space to develop their own stance and approach to course material. It also allows everyone in the classroom to hold themselves and each other accountable in their communication styles, critical perspectives, and learning processes. Moments of discomfort are an integral part of the learning process; the practice of establishing community agreements equips us with strategies to effectively lean into that discomfort.
- This deposit is part of Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities. Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities is a peer-reviewed, open-access publication edited by Rebecca Frost Davis, Matthew K. Gold, Katherine D. Harris, and Jentery Sayers, and published by the Modern Language Association. https://digitalpedagogy.hcommons.org/.
- Last Updated:
- 3 years ago
Item Name: sexuality-storti-lgbt-200-community-agreements.rtf Download Activity: Downloads: 30