Claudius, Nero, and the Imperial succession
- Antony Keen (see profile)
- Rome (Empire), History, History, Ancient
- Item Type:
- Claudius, Imperial biography, Julio-Claudians, Nero, Roman history, Roman Empire, Ancient history
- Permanent URL:
- This short article intends to examine some issues relating to the emperor Claudius’ apparently strange decision in AD 49 to marry his niece Agrippina, and subsequently to advance her son Nero towards the imperial throne, at the expense of his own son Britannicus.
- Originally published in Open University Classical Studies Newsletter for 2005. Republished in Yareah Magazine 6 (April 2009), pp. 46–48.
- Last Updated:
- 3 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: claudius_nero_and_the_imperial_successio.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 153