Disentangling ourselves from animals
- Eva Haifa Giraud (see profile)
- Animals--Moral and ethical aspects, Animals--Study and teaching, Animals (Philosophy), Human-animal relationships
- Item Type:
- Animal ethics, Animal studies, Animal theory
- Permanent URL:
- Short piece from public philosophy journal The Philosopher, which complicates narratives that suggest ethical responsibility can emerge through entanglements with animals. The paper does this by drawing on three examples from my own research (entanglements with dangerous species, entanglements that have been used to harm animals, and instances where fostering distance from animals is important) to elucidate these complications.
- I have been given permission to freely share this pdf by the publisher.
- Published as:
- Journal article Show details
- Last Updated:
- 3 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: 9.-disentangling-ourselves-from-animals-1.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 120