Japan-U.S. Friendship Dolls
- Steve McCarty (see profile)
- Digital Humanists
- International relations, Intercultural communication, Art, Japanese, Graphic arts, Children--Social life and customs
- Item Type:
- Visual art
- doll, pre-War, exhibition history, History and Memory, japanese-american, Cross-cultural exchange, Japanese art, Design (graphic), Children’s culture
- Permanent URL:
- Colorful Japanese-style graphics and photos presenting a little-known cultural story that did not quite prevent the Pacific War but engendered goodwill and a diminutive historical trail.
- The old animated gif alternating between Anama Julie and Miss Kagawa is inanimate in this format, so the American doll part is added above the graphic with the Japanese doll part.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: friendship_dolls.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 78