Stakes and Stakeholders in the Japanese Educational System
- Steve McCarty (see profile)
- Global & Transnational Studies
- Education--Study and teaching, Japan, School management and organization, Foreign study, Youth, Education
- Item Type:
- undergraduate education, General Education, government subsidization, Educational studies, Educational administration, Education abroad, Japanese youth
- Permanent URL:
- Outline of a frank presentation on the role of education in Japan to American college observers in 2006.
- The two columns of bullet points on what is at stake and who has a stake in the Japanese educational system continue down from the first to the second page. There have been changes in attitudes since 2006 toward equality, but Japanese society is among the most stable in the world. Recently, though, a shortage of young people is freeing them from educational competition and the desire for lifetime employment.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: japan_education.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 85