The Awakening of Dreams
- Steve McCarty (see profile)
- Digital Pedagogy
- Dreams, Religion, Religions, Asia, Religion--Social aspects, Consciousness
- Item Type:
- Course material or learning objects
- Dream interpretation, religious experience, Jungian psychology, symbolism, Asian religions, Philosophical psychology, Sociology of religion
- Permanent URL:
- Invited presentation and handouts for Meaning of Existence seminars in the University of Hawaii system in 1978: The Awakening of Dreams: Types of Dreams, Symbolic Languages, Psychology of Tantric Yoga; Primer in Jungian Psychology: Layers of the Psyche, Brain wave frequencies, Personifications appearing in dreams, Functions of Consciousness; Dream Log Procedure (a practical guide to preserving and interpreting one's dreams), What can be done with dreams (e.g., Tibetan Yoga of the Dream State); Diagram of how creativity or inner transformation is related to the global zeitgeist and social change (e.g., deep inner discontent leads to crumbling social order and new visions lead to new social institutions), subjective and objective mirror worlds in the case of religious experience, and a hypothetical view of unrefracted holistic perception.
- These are speculative and practical formulations from intuitive experience as well as philosophy, Jungian psychology and Asian religions. Later the author became a professor involved in academic disciplines, but reflections have continued on correspondences between the life of the mind and that of the world.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: awakening_dreams.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 92