Riding the White Elephant, Blossoming the Golden Flower
- Steve McCarty (see profile)
- Buddhist Studies
- Buddhism, Japan, Mythology
- Item Type:
- Symbolism, Meditation, Dream interpretation, Indian religions, Japanese Buddhism, Philosophical psychology
- Permanent URL:
- Subtitled "Symbols of Self-Realization in the Kanfugen-gyo [the meditation practice of the Lotus Sutra trilogy]," this was a presentation at the conference on Jungian Perspectives on Creativity and the Unconscious at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio in 1979. Having researched dreams and legends surrounding the Buddha, the view of the author expressed in this Abstract is that, despite the doctrine of no self, believers are led to undergo a vicarious self-realization process through the symbolism surrounding their heroes.
- The approach of this presentation Abstract sheds light on the Jungian perspectives implicit in the Report in this repository with the papers "Equations of Freedom with Enlightenment" and "This World as a Symbolic Body of the Buddha."
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: jungian_analysis_of_buddhist_symbolism.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 106