Similar Proverbs in English, Japanese, and Chinese
- Steve McCarty (see profile)
- Digital Humanities East Asia, Digital Pedagogy, Global & Transnational Studies, Premodern Japanese History
- Chinese language, Cross-cultural studies, Japanese language
- Item Type:
- Chinese, Japanese, multilingual, podcast, Proverbs, Comparative cultural studies, Content-based foreign language teaching, Translation studies
- Permanent URL:
- A multilingual podcast, recorded in August 2005 by native speakers of English, Japanese, and Chinese, found proverbs with a similar meaning in each culture. The author arranged this podcast during a Translation class between Japanese and English with fourth year students at Shinonome University in Matsuyama, on Shikoku island in Western Japan.
- The podcast is trilingual in English, Japanese, and Chinese. This was early in the history of podcasting, and sites hosting the author's podcasts suddenly went offline. Because the same topics are discussed in three languages, the podcast may be useful for foreign language learning as well as comparing cultures for universally human values.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: china_japan_west.mp3 Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 113