- Patrick McEvoy-Halston (see profile)
- CLCS 20th- and 21st-Century, LLC 20th- and 21st-Century American, TC Psychology, Psychoanalysis, and Literature
- American poetry, Twentieth century, Criticism--Psychological aspects, Psychoanalysis and literature
- Item Type:
- stanley kunitz, 20th-century American poetry, Psychological literary criticism
- Permanent URL:
- A review of Stanley Kunitz's poetry, emphasizing how he used his poetry to both explore and manage his relationship with his dominating mother. Argues that none of Kunitz's elegies work as conventional elegies, or as we traditionally understand or expect them to work, but more as working their way to the direction Peter Sacks advocates, as "reversing a passive relation to mother or matrix."
- MA graduate paper.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: consolidating-gains.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 44