Maintaining the Peace
- Patrick McEvoy-Halston (see profile)
- CLCS Romantic and 19th-Century, LLC Victorian and Early-20th-Century English, TC Cognitive and Affect Studies, TC History and Literature, TC Psychology, Psychoanalysis, and Literature
- British literature, Nineteenth century, English poetry
- Item Type:
- tennyson, lady of shalott, 19th-century British literature, Victorian culture, Victorian poetry
- Permanent URL:
- Explores Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott" as a space-world where anxious Victorians might place the perhaps exciting but also anxiety-producing New to subsume its affect of disequilibrium within the sturdy, assured and predictable.
- Undergraduate paper.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: maintaining-the-peace.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 47