Introductions and Initiations
- Patrick McEvoy-Halston (see profile)
- CLCS 20th- and 21st-Century, LLC Canadian, TC Cognitive and Affect Studies
- Canadian literature, Poetry, English poetry, English-speaking countries, Twenty-first century, Literature--Women authors
- Item Type:
- phyllis webb, 21st-century anglophone poetry, 21st-century women’s literature
- Permanent URL:
- Explores how Phyllis Webb's "To Those Who Have Also Considered Suicide" is a poem which mischievously induces the reader to become one of the "friends" who undergo the "initiation" of suicide. The reader is encouraged to let go any grievance, however, in consideration of the poet's successful demonstration of the initiation as involving genuine enlightenment.
- Undergraduate paper.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
Item Name: introductions-and-initiations.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 54