- Patrick McEvoy-Halston (see profile)
- CLCS Romantic and 19th-Century, TC Cognitive and Affect Studies, TC Psychology, Psychoanalysis, and Literature, TC Women’s and Gender Studies
- Eliot, George, 1819-1880, English literature, Nineteenth century
- Item Type:
- industrialization, silas marner, George Eliot, Victorian literature, Trauma, 19th century
- Permanent URL:
- Exploration of how "Silas Marner" is George Eliot's means to distinguish herself from those who are truly guilty of abandoning parental mores... ancestors, parents, themselves. An argument is made that the reason for the text is as provision for the author to temporarily relieve herself of guilt.
- Undergraduate paper.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: haunting-raveloe.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 45