Draining the Amazons' Swamp: Elizabeth Gaskell braves her terrors for freedom
- Patrick McEvoy-Halston (see profile)
- TC Psychology, Psychoanalysis, and Literature, TC Women’s and Gender Studies
- Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalysis and literature, Affect (Psychology), British literature, Nineteenth century, Women authors, Great Britain, English literature
- Item Type:
- object relations, attachment theory, elizabeth gaskell, industrialization, Psychoanalytic criticism, Theories of affect, 19th-century British literature, 19th-century British women writers, Victorian literature
- Permanent URL:
- Exploration of how Elizabeth Gaskell uses her textual creation, "Cranford," to insert a male "bomb" into specifically delineated memories of her pre-adult life, thereby effecting displaced matricide.
- Undergraduate paper.
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: draining-the-amazons’-swampmla.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 115