9. Bibliography to Shakespearean Tragedy as Chivalric Romance, 2nd ed
- Michael L. Hays (see profile)
- Renaissance / Early Modern Studies, Shakespeare, Shakespearean Dramatic Genres
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Item Type:
- Book chapter
- Permanent URL:
- Reflects all works cited or consulted in preparing this book. The disproportion between pre-1970 and post-1970 works reflects the greater and lesser relevance, respectively, of most work in the field of English chivalric romance to my thesis. Recent scholarship has approach the subject less from a literary and historical than from a political, psychological, or social perspective.
- This chapter is part of a revised and enlarged second edition of “Shakespearean Tragedy as Chivalric Romance: Rethinking Macbeth, Hamlet, Othello, and King Lear,” (Woodbridge: Boydell & Brewer, 2003). After two printings, the first edition soon went out of print. The publisher had excluded the appendix to reduce costs and declined a second edition to include it. I have published this edition elsewhere since 2014 and here in 2018 to make the book with the appendix available for free.
- Last Updated:
- 5 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: 9.-bibliography-18-06-05.doc Download Activity: Downloads: 290