Works-in-Progress: Artistic practices and digital communities
- Zeny May Dy Recidoro (see profile)
- Archives, Digital Humanists, Global Outlook Scholarly Communication
- Digital humanities
- Item Type:
- artistic practices, digital artists, net art
- Permanent URL:
- This paper aims to explore the characteristics and nuances of presenting or performing identity. It asks questions of how the internet and -web transforms how we view/read and create art and literary works, how it affects the creative process as it becomes not only a period of meditative creation but also an event, and how these digital platforms inform artistic production and consumption, and the negotiations and confluences between the new and the traditional ways of artistic and literary productivity. The study lends its focus on young Filipino artists, ultimately calling into discourse the connections and contentions of cultural production, discussion, and identity in a supposedly neutral space.
- This article is set to be published by the Philippine Studies Journal this late 2018.
- Last Updated:
- 5 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: works-in-progress_zmdr.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 276