- José Angel García Landa (see profile)
- Narrative theory and Narratology, Philosophy
- Criticism, Critical theory, Deconstruction, Collectors and collecting
- Item Type:
- Online publication
- Walter Benjamin, Ideology Critique, Collecting
- Permanent URL:
- This is a note on Walter Benjamin's essay on collecting, "Unpacking My Library" (orig. published in German in 1931). Benjamin's reflections on collecting are analyzed with reference to Modernist themes in Baudelaire and Proust, and to the Modernist concern with memory in the structuring of the self. The essay is held to be a half-ironic self-portrait showing some tensions or uncertainties in Benjamin's class positioning and allegiances.
- Written 1988.
- Published as:
- Online publication Show details
- Pub. URL:
- Social Science Research Network
- Last Updated:
- 5 years ago
Item Name: benjamin.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 205