EALC111-511 East Asian Digital Humanities (Spring 2018)
- Molly Des Jardin (see profile)
- Digital Humanities East Asia
- Digital humanities, East Asia, Area studies, Teaching
- Item Type:
- syllabus, east asia, undergraduate education, graduate studies, East Asian studies, Pedagogy
- Permanent URL:
- This Spring 2018 course at University of Pennsylvania covers a wide range of current and emerging digital projects and topics in East Asian studies. Students will engage with digital projects focused on East Asia (encompassing Japanese, Chinese, and Korean languages) as well as research being done on digital methodologies for the humanities in those areas. Coursework consists of project and research analysis, active discussion, and learning about the implementation of various digital projects. No technical expertise is required but students must have reading knowledge of Chinese, Japanese, or Korean at the high-intermediate or advanced level. Class presentations, papers, discussions, and all course readings are in English, but projects involve reading articles and/or critiquing projects in the language and geographic area of students’ expertise.
- This syllabus can be freely reused with no restrictions.
- Last Updated:
- 5 years ago
Item Name: ealc111-511_syllabus.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 685